Black Bean Soup. Watch how to make the best black bean soup! This vegetarian black bean soup recipe is so easy to make with canned beans. You can make it as spicy as you'd like.
Pureed black beans and tomatoes are combined with vegetable broth to make a nice thick base for this soup, which hosts celery, carrots, onion and corn. All Reviews for Vegan Black Bean Soup. Greatest black bean soup I've had, and VERY easy to make. You can have Black Bean Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Bean Soup
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of diced peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cans of black beans rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- You need 1/2 cup of salsa.
- You need 1 tbs of cumin.
- It’s 1 tbs of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbs of basil.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked shell pasta.
All the toppings go great with it. This was my first time making black bean soup and first time using dried beans. Black bean soup, a healthy, hearty, satisfying and comforting meal or side dish. This Southwestern black bean soup is a quick and easy recipe made from pantry staples.
Black Bean Soup instructions
- Put all ingredients in pot except the pasta and bring to a boil..
- Once it comes to a full boil turn to medium and simmer for 20 mins or until peppers are soft..
- Add in pasta and simmer for 10 mins..
- Turn off burner cover pot and let sit for 10 mins so pasta will be soft..
- Enjoy this makes 4 2 cup servings..
What makes it so good is the high proportion of vegetables to beans: lots of garlic, onions, and even some carrots. Black bean soup is a kind of seasoned soup in which black turtle beans are puréed enough that they are swimming in liquid and have a mouthfeel like cream soup, but not to the point of making the mixture sludgy. The velvety, aromatic broth is called sopa negra or caldo de frijol. Add black beans with their liquid and chicken broth. Stir soup, add bay leaf and bring to a boil.