Pepper steak / beef pepper steak. Add the garlic and ginger and cook stirring until fragrant. Return the beef to the skillet and pour over prepared sauce. Pepper steak is quick, easy and perfect to whip up any night of the week.
Pepper steak (Chinese: 青椒牛肉; pinyin: qīngjiāoniúròu) is a stir-fried Chinese American dish consisting of sliced beef steak (often flank, sirloin, or round) cooked with sliced green and/or red bell peppers and other seasonings such as soy sauce and ginger, and usually thickened with cornstarch. Reviews for: Photos of Beef Pepper Steak. Beef Pepper Steak. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Pepper steak / beef pepper steak using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pepper steak / beef pepper steak
- You need 1.5-2 lbs of beef strips.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 of green pepper, minced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- It’s 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of sofrito.
- You need 1 packet of sazon.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- You need of Rest of green pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of of any other pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
This popular pepper steak recipe is tasty as well as colorful. We live on the eastern edge of the Sand Hills here in Nebraska, where most folks are ranchers. Beef top round steak is a leaner, less tender cut of meat. One way to get a more tender result is to use a meat mallet.
Pepper steak / beef pepper steak instructions
- Cut your beef into slices, if it isn't already. In large mixing bowl, add diced onions, diced peppers, garlic, oregano, bullion cube, sazon, soy sauce, sofrito, lime juice, black pepper, and 1 tsp olive oil. Mix to combine. Let marinate for atleast 30 min- 2days..
- In down time, slice onions & peppers..
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Once oil is hot, add your meat. Let your meat cook for 4-5 min. Then stir for about five minutes so all sides are brown..
- Add water by placing it into the marinade bowl then add to the meat. Add enough water to cover the meat. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. If water dries up, you can add more. Stew meat for 10-45 minutes depending on the type of beef you are using. Once meat is tender, add onions, peppers & vinegar. Add a little more water, turn down the heat & cook until onions/peppers are to your liking..
This pepper steak stir fry is thinly sliced flank steak cooked with red and green bell peppers in a savory sauce. Try our quick and easy beef pepper steak recipe. See a full list of ingredients and how to prepare the steak step by step. Set a skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, lightly spray with avocado oil, then add bell peppers.