Soaked Kamut almond milk muffins.
You can cook Soaked Kamut almond milk muffins using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soaked Kamut almond milk muffins
- Prepare 2 of freshly milled kamut flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (or substitute 1 egg by mixing 1 Tsp of ground flaxseed with 3Tsp of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of dates (about 5 pitted).
- It’s 1 cup of mashed butternut squash (as butter substitute).
- It’s 1 2/3 cups of homemade almond milk (or any milk available, adjust volume as needed).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 Tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
Soaked Kamut almond milk muffins step by step
- Mix 2 Tsp of ground flaxseed meal with 6 Tsp of warm water in a large bowl later used for all wet ingredients. Allow it to sit for a few minutes to thicken..
- Pit 5 dates and blend in a small blender into paste. Add this sweet source into wet ingredients bowl. Add 1 Tsp apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Mash about 1 cup of baked or steamed butternut squash in a measuring cup using a fork. Transfer mashed squash into the same bowl.
- Add 2 cups of freshly milled kamut flour. Gently fold the wet ingredient into the flour and gradually pour in about 1 2/3 cups of almond milk until all ingredients mix well. Allow the batter to sit on a countertop for 4 to 8 hours to allow whole grain flour to ferment..
- Pre-heat the oven and set at 375F. Gently massage in 1Tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of baking soda into the batter. Using an icecream scooper, divide your batter into 12-dish muffin pan. Bake for 20 mins and then turn down the heat to 350F and bake for another 15 or until a toothpick come out clean.