Stewed Beef. Stir up a succulent beef stew on a chilly evening. These meltingly tender beef casseroles and Asian-style spiced one-pots are perfect for casual Warm up with one of our comforting beef stew recipes. There's no rule that beef stew needs a thickening agent.
Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables. Stewed Beef is something I grew up eating. Nanny cooked it and Mama cooked it but I never ran into anyone else that knew what it was. You can have Stewed Beef using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stewed Beef
- You need 1-2 pounds of stewing beef.
- It’s 2 tbs of oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of med green pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper & adobo.
- It’s 4 cup of beef broth (I used 2 cup berf broth 2 c chicken broth).
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s of Optional (to make thicker).
- Prepare 4-6 of red skin potatoes, cut.
- You need 1/4 c of cold water.
- It’s 3 tbs of corn starch.
When I'd refer to Stewed Beef people would look at me funny and. Nothing says home cooking like a hearty beef stew. Learn how to make it in this episode! Thick, hearty, classic beef stew recipes.
Stewed Beef instructions
- Turn burner on to medium heat, add olive oil. Add meat, lightly brown on each side..
- Cut/dice/mince, whichever you prefer the green pepper & onion. Once meat is browned add vegetables. Let cook 5 minutes, stir occasionally..
- Add potatoes of desired, garlic, salt, pepper & adobo. Let cook 2 minutes..
- Add broth & bayleaf. Sprinkle a little more adobo. Let come to a simmer. Cover and cook 1 1/2-2hrs, stirring occasionally & lower heat if comes to a heavy boil..
- Optional (to make thicker): Mix corn starch & cold water. Add to pot, stir. Let cook 15 more minutes..
- One on the left is no thickening agent, one on right is with thickening agent. Whichever you prefer. Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes..
Get ideas for the slow cooker or stovetop, with tips and videos on making the perfect stew. These beef stew recipes are filled with vegetables, spices, and other ingredients with tons of flavor to ensure you and your crowd won't be hungry after dinnertime. So snuggle up—beef stew is for dinner. For the beef stew, heat the oil and butter in an ovenproof casserole and fry the beef until browned on all sides. Download Stewed beef stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.