"Savory" Corned Beef Hash.
You can have "Savory" Corned Beef Hash using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Savory" Corned Beef Hash
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked corned beef, diced or shredded.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked potatoes, diced or chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of broth (corned beef or beef).
- It’s 1/2 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 clove of garlic, smashed.
- You need 1 Tbs. of whole-grain mustard.
- It’s Dash of nutmeg, powdered cloves, and ginger.
- You need 1/4 Tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare Dash of salt and pepper.
- It’s 3 Tbs. of unsalted butter, divided.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of light cooking oil, divided.
- You need 3 Tbs. of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of eggs poached.
"Savory" Corned Beef Hash step by step
- In a large bowl, add the corned beef and potatoes and mix lightly. Add the broth, the onions, garlic, and mustard. Mix lightly..
- Add the seasonings and spices, and mix well. Cover and refrigerate ideally overnight..
- Heat half the butter and half the oil in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat..
- [Heat water – eggs for poaching in a separate pan or pot].
- When the foaming of the butter subsides, add the hash mixture. Press down and form into a pancake the size of the pan. Fry for 3 minutes now on medium heat..
- Tighten up the sides of the cake and cook for another 4 minutes. Look for the underside to be brown and crispy..
- Flip the hash using a large spatula (or use a plate on top, invert, and slide off into pan). Add the rest of the butter and oil as you flip the mixture..
- Rise the heat to medium-high and cook for 3 minutes. Firm up the edges. Reduce the heat to medium, cook for 4 minutes more..
- Finish poaching eggs or fry eggs in a separate pan..
- Plate the corned beef hash and top with a poached egg (or pan-fried egg) and chopped parsley..