You can have Salted Beef using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salted Beef
- Prepare of Brine.
- Prepare 4 drops of red food color/ beet juice.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Chinese black vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of crushed black pepper corns.
- You need 6 cups of water divided.
- You need 3 tablespoons of canning salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of curing salt, Prague powder.
- It’s 3 leaves of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare of Beef.
- It’s 1 pound of beef loin.
Salted Beef step by step
- Trim the fat and remove all you can of the the silver skin membrane..
- Crush the pepper corns. Mix the salts in a cup of warm water, mix with vinegar and food coloring. Get the bay leaves..
- Mix with the rest of the water give it a stir. Put the beef loin in a ziploc bag. Now pour the brine into the bag. Fill a bowl with water. Submerge the bag in to the water allowing air to escape from the bag. Now seal it leaving just the beef and brine, and no air. Put into a bowl and set into the refrigerator for a week to 10 days..