Root beer bbq sauce. Lower the heat to a medium-low and add the ketchup, brown sugar, cider vinegar, pepper, ground ginger and salt. Root Beer BBQ Sauce is an easy recipe for a finger-lickin good barbecue sauce. Sweet and tangy bbq sauce made from scratch, perfect for dunking or One bite of Root Beer BBQ Chicken and you'll know why cola bbq sauce is a Southern tradition!
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together root beer, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire, lime juice, garlic powder and onion powder. This was a delightful switch from my normal bbq sauce. The flavor is a bit different, but different in a great way. You can cook Root beer bbq sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Root beer bbq sauce
- You need 2 cups of root beer.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (or 1 TBS).
- It’s 1 teaspoons of Onion powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoons of pepper.
Add the Apple Cider Vinegar, ketchup, Yellow Mustard. You can have your hard root beer and eat it, too. Everyone knows how to cook with beer, but did you know you can cook with hard root beer? This sweet and spicy barbecue sauce is sure to make your burgers stand out this summer.
Root beer bbq sauce instructions
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan, give it a good mix with a silicone whisk.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a small boil, let boil for 2 minutes and reduce heat to low,.
- Set timer ⏲ for 35 mins uncovered and let simmer, and stirring it occasionally. (the sauce should have reduced some).
- Pour in a container and let cool…..
- Use / or Restore in refrigerator in an airtight container….
- Notes- any kind of vinegar will work I used balsamic, can use red wine, apple cider, distilled white vinegar… I used what I had… for a more thick bbq sauce, let it boil longer, and also let it simmer longer if needed, the more it reduced the thicker it will get. I didn’t go very thick with this batch..
- Root beer bbq sauce chicken.
This recipe is courtesy of BEST DAMN Brewing Co. And not just any BBQ sauce, but a root beer BBQ sauce based on the vanilla bourbon version in my cookbook. Eddie was afraid that the sauce would taste TOO much like root beer, but alas. Using root beer and BBQ sauce together makes this the easiest and tastiest slow cooker brisket you'll ever have! Put this on your permanent dinner This slow cooker brisket recipe is a little homemade, a little cheating and a lot of deliciousness!