Beer Brats and Cabbage.
You can have Beer Brats and Cabbage using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beer Brats and Cabbage
- You need 2 heads of green savory cabbage medium sized.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need 2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/3 pound of smoked pork neckbones.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pints of sweet and sour purple cabbage see my recipe.
- Prepare 2 pounds of pork beer brats.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Bison Tallow.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
Beer Brats and Cabbage instructions
- Boil the 1-1/2 cups of water with the neckbones and pink Himalayan salt. Bring to a boil and add the green cabbage. Add the kosher salt to the cabbage. When the cabbage is wilted a bit add the butter. Cover and let cook till still a bit of a crunch but tender nonetheless..
- Simmer the sweet and sour cabbage. I omitted the cornstarch and the plum sauce used equal amounts of red wine vinegar and palm sugar..
- As those are cooking melt the tallow in a pan. Slice the onion and add to the tallow. Allow to cook for 2-1/2 minutes..
- Add the brats and let them cook with the onions for 12 minutes. Then remove most of the onions..
- Cook the brats till browned on the outside. Add the onions back. Cover and simmer 3 minutes..
- Add the green cabbage to the plate then in the center of the green cabbage add the purple cabbage to the center. Then the brats with the onions on the top..