Beer-Brined Chicken. The beer brine keeps the meat nice and juicy, while grilling it with a beer can keeps it moist inside Thank you for supporting the brands that support Cake 'n Knife! Place chicken, breast side up, in pan. Remove chicken from brine; rinse thoroughly under cool running water and pat dry with paper towels.
Seperate the wings by making a cut between the wingelettes and drummettes. How to Brine a Chicken for Grilling Brining meat before grilling is a worthwhile step because it will help keep moisture in lean cuts of meat that would Grab a few extra beers and use them in the brine! I cook A LOT of meat, and I can guarantee that once you've tried this recipe, you'll never look back. You can have Beer-Brined Chicken using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beer-Brined Chicken
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- It’s 3 cup of stout or dark beer.
- Prepare 2 cup of apple juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 each of sprig fresh rosemary and 1 tablespoon chopped.
- Prepare 1 each of bay leaf.
- You need 1 each of whole chicken 3.5 to 5lbs.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 stick of melted butter.
This recipe for beer-brined chicken is a case in point. Brush half the chili butter over the skin on each chicken breast and lay the breasts skin-side down on the grill. If you like beer can chicken then you will absolutely love this beer brined smoked chicken. I recommend cutting the chicken into pieces to enhance the flavor and to help it to cook more evenly.
Beer-Brined Chicken step by step
- Combine water, beer, apple juice, 1/2 cup salt, brown sugar, paprika, rosemary sprig and bay leaf in large Dutch oven. Stir until salt and sugar are dissolved. Add chicken cover refrigerate 2 to 4 hours..
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove chicken from brine, pat dry. Tie drum sticks together to maintain best shape. Place on rack in roasting pan. Cover loosely with foil bake 45 minutes..
- Remove foil. Combine butter 1 tablespoon of chopped for rosemary remaining half teaspoon of salt and pepper in a small bowl brush over chicken. Big 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken to cutting board cover loosely with foil let stand 10 minutes before cutting into pieces..
Beer, chicken, and the Summit Charcoal grill. What better combination can you ask for? Right now we are going to look at a great tasting, easy dish: Buttermilk Brined Beer Can Chicken. Here's my recipe for beer-brined fried chicken. For the rationale behind a few of the steps — particularly the "hot wash" — see yesterday's post on the challenges to frying chicken.