Crispy Pork Knuckle In Dark Beer / Schweinshaxe.
You can have Crispy Pork Knuckle In Dark Beer / Schweinshaxe using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy Pork Knuckle In Dark Beer / Schweinshaxe
- You need 1.5 kg of whole pork knuckle.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 500 ml of can of dark beer.
Crispy Pork Knuckle In Dark Beer / Schweinshaxe instructions
- Best use large and whole pork knuckle of 1.5 kg,.
- Making do with what I had only cut up of pork knuckle,,,(MOST IMPORTANTLY) Fridge the pock knuckle with its skin expose overnite,,or Pat dry the pork knuckle then season with salt and black pepper then pour some beer on the base of the baking tray.
- Bake it at 180C /350 F with for 3 to 4 hour depending on the size and thickness of the pork,you can cover the top loosely with aluminum foil if the top skin brown too quickly.
- Baste it every 45 minutes with dark beer over the pork knuckle and mostly on the baking dish to keep the pork knuckle moist,about 1/4cup everytime.
- After 25 minutes take it out of the oven,,,,The secret to a crispy crunchy skin is the pierce it with fine sharp stainless steel.. all skin area.
- Lastly Baste with the dark beer on the skin and broil for another few minutes then off heat and let it rest and serve.
- Crispy pork knuckle in dark beer.