Beer cheese soup. This is the first beer cheese soup I have tried to make and it turned out great! This is creamy, silky smooth, not too cheesy but cheesy enough, and very pleasantly flavored. Beer cheese soup and soft pretzels is gonna change your dinner game this month.
You're going to love this beer and cheese soup – it is so simple to put together but the flavor tastes like it took all day. Hearty veggie roux base with tangy flavors and a rich malty creaminess. This recipe has Canadian bacon for smoky flavor and crunchy garlic croutons on top. You can cook Beer cheese soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beer cheese soup
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 4 small of sweet red peppers (the ones that kind of look like jalapenos).
- You need 1 of jalapeno if you like it a little spicy (I did but its not needed) I added it after I took half out for my son and I..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of of bacon fat or butter (I used bacon fat it was great for that little extra flavor).
- It’s 2 of hefty tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1 of 12 oz can of light beer (I used Coors light).
- You need 1 can of of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cup of of half and half.
- You need 2 cup of of shredded cheese ( I used velveeta original).
This Easy Beer Cheese Soup is so rich, so creamy, and loaded with bacon, veggies, beer, dijon Nutrition Facts. How to make Beer Cheese Soup: Cook the bacon in the dutch oven or stockpot. Take the bacon out, this will be crumbled and served on top as a garnish, or an addition to the soup. Mustard oil or extra-virgin olive oil, for garnish.
Beer cheese soup step by step
- Dice onion and peppers and saute in bacon fat or butter till soft over med high heat.
- Once soft add your flour and stir till you do not smell the flour anymore..
- Add beer and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and half and half continue to stir..
- Once this is brought to a low boil add cheese to soup and you are done!!!! It may seen thin but let it sit for a few minutes and it's perfect!!.
- Add salt and pepper to taste..
Beer cheese soup is a comforting Wisconsin classic that features a creamy Cheddar broth that is infused with the flavor of beer. Most beer cheese soups have diced vegetables mixed in. Our beer cheese soup gets its melty, creamy-with-a-kick perfect from not one but three kinds of cheese, a good dose of smoky bacon, jalapeno for kick, and heavy cream for silkiness. It's all I've been craving and all I've been wanting. Beer cheese soup is a classic Midwestern recipe, but a lot of things can go wrong when making it. (Greasy blobs of cheddar, anyone?) Thankfully I discovered a little trick that will guarantee that your.