Beer Cheese Soup. This is the first beer cheese soup I have tried to make and it turned out great! This is creamy, silky smooth, not too cheesy but cheesy enough, and very pleasantly flavored. Beer cheese soup and soft pretzels is gonna change your dinner game this month.
You're going to love this beer and cheese soup – it is so simple to put together but the flavor tastes like it took all day. Hearty veggie roux base with tangy flavors and a rich malty creaminess. This recipe has Canadian bacon for smoky flavor and crunchy garlic croutons on top. You can have Beer Cheese Soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beer Cheese Soup
- You need 1/2 lb of Bacon, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Celery, finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 12 oz of Beer, lager or pilsner works well.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of Heavy cream, or half n half.
- You need 1/4 cup of Flour, more or less.
- You need 5 oz of Sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 5 oz of Medium cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 oz of Smoked cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of as needed Salt & pepper.
This Easy Beer Cheese Soup is so rich, so creamy, and loaded with bacon, veggies, beer, dijon Nutrition Facts. How to make Beer Cheese Soup: Cook the bacon in the dutch oven or stockpot. Take the bacon out, this will be crumbled and served on top as a garnish, or an addition to the soup. It's all I've been craving and all I've been wanting.
Beer Cheese Soup step by step
- Brown the bacon in a large saucepan or skillet. Remove from pan and let drain on paper toweling..
- Add the onion, celery, garlic & spices to the bacon drippings. Cook and stir until veggies are completely softened.
- Add the flour into the pan and whisk in. Add just enough flour to create a thick roux but not dry. Let the roux cook for a minute or 2..
- Add the beer. Whisk and cook until thickened and foam subsides..
- Add the chicken broth and cream. Again whisk an bring to a soft boil..
- Meanwhile shred all the cheese. ***do use block cheese and shred yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has an additive to keep it separate and it will not melt as well..
- Add the cheese in a handful at a time. Whisk and cook, adding remaining cheese until completely incorporated..
- Bring the soup up to a simmer. Blend with an emersion blender if desired..
- Top with bacon crumbles. Other topping options: chives, croutons, popcorn..
There are beer soups and cheese soups in Germany and also some soups thickened with bread, so I kept that in mind and tried to create something of my own. Mustard oil or extra-virgin olive oil, for garnish. Beer cheese soup is a comforting Wisconsin classic that features a creamy Cheddar broth that is infused with the flavor of beer. Most beer cheese soups have diced vegetables mixed in. Our beer cheese soup gets its melty, creamy-with-a-kick perfect from not one but three kinds of cheese, a good dose of smoky bacon, jalapeno for kick, and heavy cream for silkiness.