Semolina Halva (with almond). The Semolina and Almond Halwa I have made here is a deviation from the traditional; there is not a bit of nut powder used with semolina in the original ones. But this is the way I have been doing it for the longest time and this is how my family loves it. Please cook and enjoy yourself with your family/friends.
Here is how you do it Semolina halva with currants is a lovely sweet treat for your guests and it's so easy to make. Semolina Halva is one of the most popular desserts in Turkish cuisine and we make it quite often. Although it is a favorite sweet treat of many people in Turkey, semolina halva is not produced at. You can have Semolina Halva (with almond) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Semolina Halva (with almond)
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of fine semolina.
- Prepare 100 gr. of Butter + 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 of of molasses (optional).
- Prepare 1 packet of vanilla (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of almond slices or pine nuts.
Indian dessert made with sooji (semolina), ghee and sugar! Sooji ka halwa was made in home whenever we wanted to have something sweet. Badam aur sooji ka halwa (almond and semolina pudding). Remove the pot from the stove, add the raisins and half of the roasted almond slivers and blend.
Semolina Halva (with almond) step by step
- Prepare milk mixture, stir in a mixing bowl, milk, water molasses and sugar very well, set aside(no cooking).
- In a large pot melt butter with oil add almonds or nuts in low heat, until their color turn into brown,.
- Add semolina continue sautéing, do same thing, stir in low flame until semolina turns into brown color.
- Time to add its juice, med flame heat, (this point if you wish you can use vanilla), stir it.until no more juice left..
- Cover, turn off the heat wait 30 minutes to eat..
- Use ice cream scoop, serve with ice cream if you have…
This Sooji Halwa is made with semolina, sugar, ghee and water (and/or milk). Addition of cardamom powder, nuts and saffron is optional Let's start with the ingredients for the Sooji Halwa. Starting from the top, we have sugar, sooji (semolina), ghee, nuts & raisins. Halva Recipe – Greek Halvas – Semolina Pudding With Raisins and Nuts. Halva is a semolina pudding that is sweetened with syrup and studded with nuts and raisins.