Beet Salad. These salads will beet the competition! Inspired by the surprising flavor of beets? Try some other root vegetables you may have overlooked!
Beet Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This sweet & savory fall salad is a delicious starter or meal, but if you've never worked with beets before, there are a few things you should know before diving in. For this Russian beet salad you only need four ingredients – beets, walnuts, garlic and vegan mayo (or regular mayo if you're not following a vegan diet). You can cook Beet Salad using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beet Salad
- You need 8-10 cups of organic mixed greens of your choice.
- You need 4 of medium beets, washed.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil, for roasting beets.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, shaved into ribbons or grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crumbled goat's milk cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of pecans, chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green onion, chopped.
- It’s of Vinaigrette Ingredients.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need of Juice of 2 fresh oranges.
- It’s To taste of salt & pepper.
How to make my Russian Beet Salad Sharing stunningly delicious beet salad recipes. Savor summer's seasonal fruit and veggie favorites with. This beet salad is perfect for parties because it's a make-ahead salad. This beet salad couldn't be simpler to make.
Beet Salad instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. While oven is preheating, line a small baking dish with parchment paper..
- Wash beets and cut off stems (no need to peel at this point). Place them in the parchment lined baking dish and toss in 2 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Keeping the peel on during roasting helps prevent them from bleeding and making a big mess..
- Roast beets for 45-50 min. Remove from oven, let cool in the dish for 5-10 min. They'll still be warm, but you'll be able to handle them without burning yourself..
- While waiting for beets to cool, measure the greens into a large bowl..
- Grate or slice carrots into ribbons using your vegetable peeler, chop green onions, and measure out goat cheese, pecans, and dried cranberries..
- Remove skin from beets with a vegetable peeler, and chop beets into bite sized chunks..
- Sprinkle carrots over salad greens, add chopped beets, goat cheese, pecans, green onions, and dried cranberries. Set aside while you prepare the vinaigrette..
- To a medium mason jar, add the honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and the juice of 2 oranges. Add a pinch or two of salt and pepper..
- Close the jar lid tightly and shake ink all ingredients are combined. The mustard in the dressing not only adds flavour, but acts as an emulsifier to keep the oil and vinegar from separating..
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over salad to your taste, gently toss, and serve..
- This salad is best served immediately, but you can prep the ingredients the day before and assemble when ready to serve..
Beets (roasted, canned, red, or golden) are mixed with salty, crumbled feta cheese, sweet and crunchy cucumbers, and tangy fresh dill. Hi Guys, today I'll show you how to make Beet Salad. Beets are extremely nutritious and high in iron. With a few basic ingredients, you can make a delicious. This Russian Beet Salad is made from grated cooked beets, combined with mayo and sour cream for creaminess.