Beet kvass. Beet Kvass is a traditional drink that contains probiotics and enzymes. It is said to purify the blood, boost energy and improve liver function. Beet kvass may be an acquired taste for some, but those who love it often wax enthusiastically about its health properties and energizing effects.
It's adopted from the blog of famous Polish I will not write about health benefits of beet kvass as there are a lot of authorities providing very useful. If you are like me and crave drinking salty things like pickle brine, or kraut brine, this Let me know how you like this Beet Kvass! Excited to hear how you make this your own with the optional. You can cook Beet kvass using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beet kvass
- It’s 1 of organic beet.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of cane sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of sourdough starter.
- You need 1 L of room-temperature water after boiling.
- You need 1 Tsp of Rose water (optional).
Beet Kvass may be getting more popular lately, but it's not a new invention. Kvass – a fermented drink made from bread, believe it or not – probably originally comes from Russia and / or Ukraine. Beet Kvass is a healing and cleansing medicinal tonic. A traditional probiotic drink, popular in Eastern Europe, Ukraine and Russia, it is the result of fermentation by friendly Lactobacillus bacteria.
Beet kvass step by step
- Cut beets into half inch cubes.
- Bring H2O into a rolling boil and cool down to about 70°C, pour 1L water into a clean jar.
- Dissolve sugar and salt into the water, wait until water cool down to room temperature, transfer beet cubes into the same jar.
- Add 1 tsp of sourdough starter into the jar; seal the lid and store at room temperature for 2~3 days before transfering to fridge.
Beet kvass, along with lacto fermented beets, are probably the best sources of all the original goodness of beets because none of the nutrients get degraded by cooking, and lactic bacteria break. Beet kvass is a highly nutritive tonic for liver health, and is rich in probiotics that support digestion. Beet kvass is a highly nutritive, fermented drink that you make by culturing beets in brine. Beets are a good source of folate, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese and phytonutrients such as betains, which have been "shown to provide antioxidant. Beet Kvass is a natural fermented beverage that is full of nutrients.