Canned " Red Beets ".
You can cook Canned " Red Beets " using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Canned " Red Beets "
- It’s 1 of Red Beets.
- Prepare 4 cup of cider vinegar.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of salt.
Canned " Red Beets " instructions
- Wash your red beets. Do not cut off top or bottom. Put cleaned red beets in a large pot cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook till fork tender. Pour this water away..
- Meanwhile get your jars & lids & rings ready.Heat the vinegar , water, sugar & salt. Get your canner ready. Filled 3/4 way with water..
- When beets are fork tender. Take out of water. Allow the to cool to handle. When cool enough to handle. Cut top & bottom off. Push skin off with fingers. ( I Wore gloves).
- Cut or slice beets. Pack into your canning jars. Pour hot syrup over red beets. Leaving 1/4" headspace. Clean rims of jars good. Now put on prepared lids & rings. Process in Hot water bath . Pints 20 minutes. Quarts 30 minutes. Let cool. Make sure they are sealed.if not sealed keep refrigerated.Store & label. .( one batch of syrup is enough for 8 pints).