Beet and fig salad. This crazy delicious salad came together as a bunch of leftovers. And it turned out to be the most delicious fig, golden beet and prosciutto salad. This salad plus my obsession for beets and figs.
All Reviews for Pickled-Beet and Fig Salad. Pickled-Beet and Fig Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. And as always, may all your dishes be delish! You can have Beet and fig salad using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beet and fig salad
- Prepare 4 cup of arugula ( if you don't like arugula feel free to swap it for baby spinach or spring greens).
- Prepare 4 of baby beets (you can buy precooked or roast in the oven in aluminum foil for about an hour).
- You need 3 of fresh figs.
- It’s 2 oz of goat cheese or feta cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of toasted pecan halves.
- You need 2 of tbsp olive oil.
- You need 1 of tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 of tsp fresh lemon juice.
If you've tried this yellow beet and fig salad or any other recipe on the blog, I'd love the hear what you thought about it in the. Usually I make Friday night treats into something fairly decadent but I thought I'd really through caution into the wind and share a fabulous salad dressing this week. Beet salad sounds like such a cliché dish, but I think there's good reason for its popularity. When rock-hard beets are roasted until soft and sweet, then tossed with a vinaigrette to cut through all the sweetness, there's something amazing that happens.
Beet and fig salad step by step
- If you didn't buy precooked beets roast them at 425 for about an hour wrapped in aluminum foil. Cool then peel and slice.
- In a small mason jar pour lemon juice, oil and vinegar, close tightly and put aside.
- Put your greens in a large bowl, shake the jar with dressing vigorously until combined. Pour over greens and toss to coat.
- Cut figs in quarters.
- If using goat cheese I like to put it in the freezer for 10minutes, it's easier to crumble..
- To the bowl with greens add sliced beets and quartered figs. Toss lightly. Sprinkle with pecans and crumbled goat or feta cheese. This salad is great as a side dish for grilled chicken or other protein of your choice. Enjoy!.
Skipping the fast-wilting lettuce in favor of slabs. A simple and refreshing salad of shredded beets and chopped onion is mixed with the simplest sweet and tangy dressing, then served chilled. Healthy, full of taste and life our beet and goats cheese salad is a good idea any time of the day, also suitable for our vegetarian friends. The same brine used to pickle the beets goes into the salad dressing, in place of plain vinegar. Kick up your salad game with this Thai Salad with Carrot and Cucumber Noodles!