Swedish almond cake. Hi, everyone 🙂 Today we're going to show you how to make a traditional Swedish almond cake, also known as Mandeltårta/Mandeltorta and Almondy(by IKEA). Fika is the Swedish custom of stopping twice daily for coffee, conversation and a little something sweet; the word was created by flipping the. Swedish Almond Cake. by: Posie (Harwood) Brien.
This Swedish almond cake is so delicious, I cannot walk past it without sneaking a slice! The middle is a moist, buttery, almond cake with a crunchy top crust and a crisp. Top tip for making Swedish vanilla and almond cake. You can cook Swedish almond cake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swedish almond cake
- You need 50 g of butter.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 g of caster sugar.
- You need of seeds scraped off 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp. of double cream.
- Prepare 100 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s of For the topping:.
- It’s 30 g of butter.
- You need 75 g of flaked almonds.
- You need 25 g of caster sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of plain flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of double cream.
This will keep well in an airtight tin for a couple of days. Its almond cake coated with cardamom, so you get the taste of almond and cardamom in every bite of this soft and delicious treat. Swedish Almond & Cardamom Mini Cakes come in small sizes too, so. The Swedish Almond Cake recipe out of our category nut torte!
Swedish almond cake step by step
- Prepare a small 18cm flan or cake tin by brushing it with some of the melted butter. Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/gas 4..
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Beat the eggs with the sugar until thick. Add the vanilla and the cream and beat well in. Add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat in, followed by the butter. Spoon the mix into the tin and bake for 25 minutes until barely firm..
- Melt the butter for the topping in a small pan, add the almonds, flour, sugar and the cream and mix until bubbling. Take the cake out of the oven and turn the heat up to 200C/400F/gas 6. Spoon the almond mix over the cake and return it to the oven for 7-10 minutes..
- Remove from the tin and serve while warm, ideally with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of lightly whipped cream..
Swedish Almond Cake is amazingly easy to make and is stirred with a spoon, not a mixer. If you use Swedish Almond Cake for gift giving, bake it in a disposable aluminum pie tin. Beat sugar, egg, almond extract and milk together. When ready to serve sprinkle confectioners' sugar (through strainer) onto cake. Swedish Almond Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.