Carrot and Beet Cake. This cake is great for any time of year when you want to sneak a few fruits and vegetables in! It's so moist and easy to make. This hearty carrot cake has an interesting twist with the addition of beets, shredded coconut, and raisins for a moist and colorful cake.
If you buy beetroot with the green leafy tops they stay fresher for. Carrots and beets are pretty, delicious, and versatile when grated and used together. This vintage recipe for beet-carrot cake has been in my family for decades and was given to me by my late aunt. You can cook Carrot and Beet Cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot and Beet Cake
- It’s 3 large of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 2 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 cup of finely grated carrots.
- You need 1 cup of finely grated beet.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coarsley chopped walnuts or pecan nuts (extra for decorating).
- It’s 1 of Cream cheese frosting.
Note: Use raw beets and raw carrots. After the cake is cooked, they become cooked, but they have to be added raw in the cake preparation. Butter a bundt cake pan or use Pam. In a bowl, mix oil, sugar, egg yokes, vanilla extract and water; set aside.
Carrot and Beet Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease and flour 9" bundt pan..
- Separate eggs. Put yolks, sugar, water, vanilla and oil in electric mixer. Mix until just combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Add carrots and beet. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff..
- Gently fold in egg whites..
- Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes until done..
- Allow to cool. Frost with your favourite cream cheese frosting and decorate with chopped nuts..
In another bowl, pass through a. Lots of carrots make this the best carrot cake. I like to hand grate my carrots since I prefer the texture, but you can use your food processor or The method for this carrot cake recipe could not be simpler! If you have a couple of bowls and can stir ingredients together then you can absolutely make. Carrot Beet Cake with Cashews frosting.