Roasted Cream of Beet Soup, GF, O+.
You can have Roasted Cream of Beet Soup, GF, O+ using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Cream of Beet Soup, GF, O+
- You need 1 1/2 lb of organic beets, 3 medium.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of leek, sliced, white only.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt and ground pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of nutmeg, cinnamon, clove.
- It’s 2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of sprig thyme, parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 of sour cream.
Roasted Cream of Beet Soup, GF, O+ instructions
- wrap beets in foil, roast at 350° for and hour until easily pierced with fork, cool for peeling.
- peel beets, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces, reserving a little for garnish.
- In a medium stock pot, melt butter with olive oil on med high heat, add onions, leek, garlic and sweat for ten minutes.
- stir in powdered seasonings, add chopped beets and cook about 7 mins.
- add broth, bay leaf, herbs, bring to boil.
- reduce and simmer 25 mins.
- remove bay leaf, herb sprigs.
- blend in batches with cream.
- add back to pot to warm, do not boil.
- season with salt and pepper to your preference.
- serve topped with sour cream and beet garnish.