Renee's Red Beet Salad. Red beets, cilantro, carrots, onion and mayonnaise, a perfect side dish at your next BBQ that goes great with chicken, fish or steak. This was the recipe that got me to love beets. Similar to a potato salad without all the points.
How to make a simple red beet salad in easy steps. We enjoy fresh beets all summer long. This ruby-red dish is an excellent change from the typical tossed salad and pairs well with any sandwich and entree. You can have Renee's Red Beet Salad using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Renee's Red Beet Salad
- Prepare 2 can of red beets.
- It’s 5 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 1/2 medium of red onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Chilled Beet Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Roasted beets pair beautifully with red quinoa. The color of this salad is just so gorgeous, don't you think so? Quinoa comes in a few different colors and I have been seeing more of my local grocery stores carry red quinoa.
Renee's Red Beet Salad instructions
- Drain one can of beets but keep the juice from the other can..
- Slice up your 1/2 onion in small slices..
- Cut up your hard boiled eggs (keeping or throwing away yolks, I don't use them but its fine with them).
- Add beets, onion and eggs to a bowl with beet juice..
- Add apple cider vinegar and oil..
- Salt and pepper to taste :).
I think that the red quinoa is perfect for using in grain-based salads. If you love beets, (which I didn't till I tried this) you'll love this! My Peruvian mother-in-law taught me how to make this extraordinary recipe! It goes great with fried chicken, but I usually make it when I make my Puerto Rican arroz con pollo. My husband refuses to eat chicken if I don't include this salad.