Beet Greens. Delicious way to serve beet greens and other greens such as collard or kale. Beet greens recipe with bacon, garlic, onion, sugar, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. The Buzz on Beet Greens Botanical name: Beta vulgaris.
The green tops indeed carry more nutrients and antioxidants than the beetroot in addition to being. Beet greens are a leafy vegetable that comes with a botanical name Beta Vulgaris. Beet greens are the leafy part of the beetroot vegetable. You can have Beet Greens using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beet Greens
- Prepare 1 bunch of beet greens.
- It’s 1 tbsp of bacon grease.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced onion.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 2 slice of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
They are very nutritious in nature and have a very subtle taste. Beet Greens is Choline and Total fat rich vegetable which support for Anti-aging, Anti-platelet, Anti-oxidant and Anti-inflammatory activity. Both beet greens and beet roots can provide you with outstanding nourishment. Beet greens make a great side, especially with chicken or a cheap cut of meat.
Beet Greens instructions
- Cut the beets off the greens. Wash the leaves twice to make sure there is no grit. Tear the leaves up in bite sized pieces and cut the stems into bite sized pieces..
- Over medium heat, saute onions in Bacon grease. Sprinkle with a little salt. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes..
- Add sliced garlic and stems. Cook, stirring occasionally, until stems are tender, about 6 minutes..
- Add leaves, toss immediately with tongs. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, adding a tablespoon or so of water if needed. Cook until leaves are wilted, 5-10 minutes..
- Add Bacon and toss. Serve..
- This recipe and method can be used with practically any green. I have used it for kale, collards, and red swiss chard. Delicious every time..
I serve greens as a main dish, over quinoa, which is a seed that acts like a grain and is an excellent source of protein. The beetroot is the taproot portion of a beet plant, usually known in Canada and the USA as beets while the vegetable is referred to as beetroot in British English, and also known as the table beet. Rinse greens, removing any large stems, and set aside. Nutritional Target Map for Beet greens, raw. This feature requires Flash player to be installed in your Footnotes for Beet greens, raw.