Tofu Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers. Fresh orange juice perks up this speedy stir-fry, becoming a sticky, glossy sauce for the colorful vegetables. A quick coat in cornstarch helps the tofu develop a supercrisp You can use bell peppers or any vegetable you have on hand, such as broccoli florets, thinly sliced carrots, or sliced snap peas. For the entire month of September, I went through the alphabet creating recipes.
This Thai-inspired orange tofu stir-fry is a one-pot, healthy, vegan, gluten-free dish that's become a weeknight favorite in our house! Fresh citrus-flavors, coupled with colorful peppers, crispy tofu, green onions, and sesame seeds. Cut the red bell pepper into long thin strips. You can cook Tofu Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers
- Prepare 100 grams of firm tofu, fried until crispy.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of small red onion, chopped.
- You need 7 pieces of green beans, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 50 grams of button mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 of Thumb of ginger, sliced into slivers.
- Prepare 1 of long green chilli, sliced diagonally.
- You need 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 Tbsps of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of white miso paste.
- You need to taste of Sesame oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Neutral oil for frying.
I used smallish Ichiban Japanese eggplant from my garden, which are perfect for stir-fries. Tofu, rice noodles, bell peppers, and snow peas are stir fried and spiced with a chili garlic paste to make this recipe for spicy tofu stir fry. Whisk soy sauce, garlic chile paste, garlic, cayenne pepper, and ginger together in a small bowl until chile paste is completely dissolved. Peanut oil, tofu, garlic, ginger, scallions, spring or green onions, sweet red bell peppers, mung bean sprouts, vegetarian oyster sauce, soy sauce, tamari, black bean sauce, sesame oil, cilantro, rice vinegar.
Tofu Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers step by step
- In a wok, sauté garlic and then the onion until onions become translucent. Add in the ginger and the green beans and fry for a minute or so..
- Add in the fried tofu and lower the heat. As that’s frying, mix chicken stock, soy sauce, miso paste, and sesame oil in a bowl until all are more or less combined. Add this mixture in the wok and give it a quick stir..
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and green chilli and cook until the mushrooms are done and the sauce is almost gone. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then serve!.
This spicy Hoisin Tofu Stir Fry recipe is loaded with veggies and covered in a sticky sauce. I bet you thought I couldn't possibly be posting another tofu recipe. Quick stir-fried beef strips with sliced onions and red and green bell peppers. It's so flavorful, high in protein, and much healthier than Chinese takeout. Pan Fried Tofu with rainbow Bell Peppers is a quick, easy, vegan and gluten free tofu recipe.