Almond Apple Tarts.
You can have Almond Apple Tarts using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond Apple Tarts
- It’s 1/2 cup of ground almonds.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s of Sliced almonds.
- Prepare 3 of Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed.
Almond Apple Tarts step by step
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, add the egg, vanilla and lemon zest and using a handheld electric whisk, whisk for a few minutes or until the mixture becomes thick and takes on a consistency similar to a mousse..
- Add the ground almonds and flour and mix until you have a creamy mixture. Pop it in the fridge to set for about 15 minutes. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line two baking sheets with some parchment paper and set aside..
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface, roll it out so it’s about 1/2” bigger on all 4 sides. Cut 4 large rounds out of the puff pastry and place them on your prepared baking sheet. Quickly toss the apples with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and set them aside..
- Add a dollop of the almond mixture in the center of each circle and spread it around a bit making sure to leave a little border, arrange a few apple slices on top of the mixture and sprinkle over a few sliced almonds..
- Continue with the rest of the filling and pastry, then pop them in the oven and allow them to bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown..
- Sprinkle them with some powdered sugar and serve right away!.