Stuffed Bell Peppers.
You can have Stuffed Bell Peppers using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Prepare 6 of whole large Bell Peppers (Capsicum).
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion (diced).
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can of tomatoes, or 2 tomatoes (diced).
- You need 4 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of grated cheese.
- You need 1 of smidge of Worcestershire sauce.
Stuffed Bell Peppers instructions
- Slice the tops off the bell peppers, and remove the seeds. Dice the bell pepper tops until you have 1/2 cup of them, and set aside the rest in the fridge for a different recipe..
- Boil the bell peppers, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain upside down, and sprinkle salt and pepper lightly on the insides..
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onions, and bell peppers til the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender. Drain the fat..
- Add the rice uncooked, undrained tomatoes, water, salt, pepper, and worcestershire. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes covered, or until the rice is tender. Stir often to make sure the rice doesn't stick to the pan..
- Once the rice is tender, mix your cup of cheese in, and then stuff the mixture into your peppers..
- Cover your baking dish holding the peppers, and bake in an oven at 350° oven for 30 to 35 minutes..
- If you don't like the bell pepper skins, like me, then when they're done cooking, if you flip them onto a plate so the bottoms are facing up, you can pierce the center with a fork and peel the skins off in large strips fairly easily, instead of trying to do it from the cut side down..