Stuffed Bell Peppers. The BEST Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Beef. I use red, orange and yellow bell peppers to cover all the colors of the rainbow, and stuff them with lean ground beef, mushrooms and top with a. The bell pepper is an excellent vessel for stuffing meat, rice, and, of course, cheese.
These Stuffed Bell Peppers are such a classic. They're made with a mix of ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, and spices. No need to pre-cook the filling — just stuff, bake, and serve! You can have Stuffed Bell Peppers using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Prepare 3 of Large Bell Peppers.
- You need 1 lb. of lean ground beef.
- It’s 24 oz. of jar spaghetti sauce.
- You need 1/2 Cup of grated Cheese.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp. Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 2 Cups of Steamed Rice.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Minced Onion.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Water.
Stuff each bell pepper with mixture. Put water in the bottom of slow cooker. Boil until done then drain and sit aside. Get a bowl and combine sliced stewed tomatoes.
Stuffed Bell Peppers instructions
- Mix meat in mixing bowl along with cheeses, rice, onion, seasonings, and 1/2 Cup sauce and set aside..
- Wash, then cut tops of peppers off and clean seeds and membranes from center of peppers..
- Stuff peppers evenly with meat mixture..
- Place peppers in crockpot and pour water into the bottom around peppers. Pour the remaing sauce over the top of peppers..
- Cook in crockpot for 3 hours on high, then 1 more hour on low..
- Let peppers cool a little before serving. otherwise, they fall apart getting them from the pot to the plate!.
- These can be baked in a covered dish in a 350°oven for 1 and 1/2 hours..
Stuffed peppers is a dish common in many cuisines. It consists of hollowed or halved peppers filled with any of a variety of fillings, often including meat, vegetables, cheese, rice, or sauce. The dish is usually assembled by filling the cavities of the peppers and then cooking. These stuffed peppers are made with green, yellow or red bell peppers and a deliciously seasoned ground beef and rice filling. Garlic and some dried basil add flavor to the simple tomato sauce.