Ground Beef (or Turkey) Stuffed Bell Peppers. Use your choice of red, green, orange, or yellow bell peppers to make these beautiful stuffed veggies filled with savory meat and rice. All Reviews for Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers. I used ground turkey and italian turkey sausage instead of beef.
What ingredients would change in the recipe to. These stuffed peppers are made with green, yellow or red bell peppers and a deliciously seasoned ground beef and rice filling. Pour remaining tomato mixture over the stuffed peppers. You can cook Ground Beef (or Turkey) Stuffed Bell Peppers using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef (or Turkey) Stuffed Bell Peppers
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef/Turkey.
- You need 1/3 cup of Uncooked Rice.
- You need 2/3 cup of Water.
- It’s 4 of Bell Peppers (color of your choice).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 dash of Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Basil, Crushed Red Pepper, Salt & Pepper..
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness. These well-seasoned turkey stuffed peppers are so tasty, you won't even miss having real cheddar cheese. Round out the meal with a salad or a side of rice.
Ground Beef (or Turkey) Stuffed Bell Peppers instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F..
- Cut and remove the tops of the bell peppers. Set aside..
- Place your rice and water into a medium pot, bring to boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 20 minutes..
- Brown the beef (or turkey) & drain any grease..
- In a bowl mix together ground meat, rice, SOME tomato sauce, SOME cheese, and the rest of the ingredients. Then spoon mixture into the 4 bell peppers. Pour remaining tomato sauce on top of the stuffed peppers..
- Let cook in pre-heated oven for 1 hour. Add remaining cheese on top during the last 10 minutes of cooking..
Check out these ground turkey recipes that make going lean taste great! Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell Peppers With Cheese. Worcestershire Sauce Ground beef/turkey Bell Peppers Onion White Rice Traditional Tomato Sauce Ketchup Beef Broth Black Pepper Garlic Powder Minced Garlic Leaf Oregano Parsley Flakes Seasoned Salt (optional) Cheddar Cheese Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Comfort food, to me, has a pretty broad definition. Most dishes I considered comforting were ones I could smell roasting in my family's oven no matter where I was in Ground Beef-Stuffed Mexican Bell Peppers.