Pinky's Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers. Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers – These stuffed bell peppers will provide the nutrition that you need for a healthy, balanced meal! Stuffed bell peppers have been on my bucket list for at least a year and I'm so glad to finally cross it off my list. Using leftover ingredients, I created a southwest quinoa.
Well, these taco stuffed peppers are a fun new take on them. These veggie stuffed peppers are filled with taco spiced quinoa, black beans, pecan. Vegan Mexican inspired Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are a great way to serve peppers! You can have Pinky's Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pinky's Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- You need 4 of each Large Bell Peppers.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 2 cup of minced fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of each minced sweet onion.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 lb of spicy italian pork sausage meat.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of 5 cheese tomato pasta sauce.
Bell Peppers: I love a mix of colored bell peppers, it's colorful and fun. But if you have a favorite, use any color/s you like. Quinoa: It's usually recommended to rinse your quinoa before using, but I always skip this step. These Southwest Beef & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers make a hearty, healthy, protein packed meal that's amazingly delicious and quick and easy to prepare.
Pinky's Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse quinoa in cold water. Add beef stock and bring to boil..
- Reduce heat to minimum and place the lid in tightly.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and mushrooms for about 10 minutes..
- Add the sausage meat to the pan and cook through.
- Add quinoa to saucepan and continue heating until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Cut the bottoms flat, so they will stand up in the roaster..
- Stuff each pepper with the filling mix. Overstuff them a bit because they will shrink..
- Spoon tomato sauce over the peppers, replace the tops and cover with the remaining sauce..
- Place in the oven for 45minutes, or until the peppers "slouch" and begin to brown..
- Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes. Serve with grated cheese, hot sauce and sour cream..
Stuffed bell peppers are a favorite, especially this quinoa version or my chicken stuffed peppers. One of my favorite vegetables is red bell peppers! Which is weird because I didn't start liking them until I got married. I always remember my Dad eating them growing up and NOT wanting to try them. Bell peppers are stuffed and baked with quinoa, vegetables, and tomato sauce.