Simply Stuffed Bell Peppers. These Stuffed Bell Peppers are such a classic. They're made with a mix of ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, and spices. Stuffed bell peppers is a classic American dish that one can't easily find in restaurants (unless it is a cafeteria).
Stuffed bell peppers is one of those classic comfort food dishes that my family practically lived on when I was a kid. These chicken stuffed peppers are made with ground chicken, rice, and sauteed vegetables. It's a traditional Slavic dish that is loved by many. You can have Simply Stuffed Bell Peppers using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simply Stuffed Bell Peppers
- You need 4 large of bell peppers.
- Prepare 2 lb of Ground beef or turkey.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 10 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper.
- You need 1 of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of Quinoa.
- It’s 2 cup of Broth.
- Prepare 1 of Cheese (pepper jack, cheddar, parmesean, etc).
Home » Main Course » Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simply Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop onion and mushrooms ahead of time. Heat large pan with oil on med to med high. Add onion, then muchrooms. Sauteed for about 7 min..
- Add meat. Cook until meat is done, season well with pepper and salt of your choice. I put 2 pounds of meat for the meat lovers, but 1 to 1.5 will do. Don't get skimpy on this part..
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions. Use broth instead of water as there is so much more flavor this way..
- If the meat mixture is done, turn off the heat until you add the quinoa..
- Mix everything together then stuff the peppers. Add cheese to the meat mixture too..
- Bake for 45 min covered. This will soften the peppers as they cook. Cook uncovered for additional 15 after you've topped them with cheese..
Print Recipe Show ❤ & Comment Jump to RecipeI'm. Bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, and spices. Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer's favorite veggie. These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture that your family is sure to love! Here are our favorite stuffed bell pepper recipes for an easy, healthy meal.