Stuffed Green Bell Peppers. Cut off the tops of green peppers; discard seeds and membranes. These stuffed bell pepper recipes will change the way you think about dinner. We love stuffed peppers for two reasons: They're easy to make, but since we don't make them all the time, they feel a little special.
These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture Red bell peppers are the mature version of the green bell pepper that grows on the bell pepper plant. Yellow and orange bell peppers fall in. This delicious Stuffed green peppers recipe make a great feezer meal. You can cook Stuffed Green Bell Peppers using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3 large of chopped zucchini.
- You need 1 cup of grated carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped sweet yellow onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic finely chopped or pressed.
- Prepare 6 oz of can of tomato sauce of any kind. I used El Pato, which is a spicier red sauce you can find in the hispanic food section of your grocery store..
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Minute White rice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tsp of tomato chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese of any kind. I used monterey jack but cheddar is amazing as well.
- It’s 4 large of green bell peppers cut in half and cleaned out.
Use bell peppers stuffed with a mix of elk or beef, tomato soup and rice. This Stuffed Green Pepper Recipe is made with ground beef, rice and middle east spices. Makes a flavor-packed family dinner for busy weeknights. This is an easy recipe for stuffed green bell peppers, so they are one of my favorite freezer friendly recipes.
Stuffed Green Bell Peppers instructions
- In a large microwavable container, add rice, warm water, bouillon, tomato paste and pepper. Make sure paste is well incorporated into the rice mixture. It helps if your water is warm, then you can dissolve your bouillon and paste before adding to rice. Once mixed, place in microwave with lid slightly covering but not closed and microwave for about 5 mins. Let rice sit for another 5 mins or until liquid is dissolved and rice is tender to fluff with a fork..
- Set aside rice mixture with lid on to stay warm and in a Large Pan, add about a tbs of olive oil and start cooking down onion, garlic, carrots, red bell pepper and zucchini. Cook on about Medium temperature until vegetables are tender but not over cooked. You want them to keep their shape when incorporating all ingredients. Remove from pan & set aside..
- In the same pan, start cooking your ground beef until well browned. Approximately 5mins. Drain all fat from beef with a spoon. Adjust your temperature to med low and add your cooked vegetables and the can of tomato sauce. Fold in all ingredients and simmer on low for about 5 mins more..
- Turn off stove and allow mixture to cool down. Taking your green bell peppers, cut in half so they create little cups and can stand up on their own on the pan. Remove core, stems and all seeds. Using any large baking dish, cover entire bottom in foil to eliminate messy cleanup. Place all pepper halves on bottom about 1/2 inch away from each other.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take beef and vegetable mixture and in a large bowl mix into rice. Fold ingredients together as to not mush up rice or break down vegetables. This is the seasoning stage. Adjust flavors to your preferences by adding more salt or herbs if you choosing. Once everything is mixed well, start filling pepper halves by pushing down rice/meat mixture until they are fully filled. You may have extra filling which is always yummy on it's own. :).
- Once all pepper halves are completed, pile on shredded cheese. Cover entire pan and peppers with foil trying not to touch tops of peppers. Make sure there is a slit on the top for steam. Place in oven and cook for about 30 mins. During the last 5 mins, remove foil and allow cheese to brown..
- I serve these on their own with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. You can change up the recipe and add mushrooms if desired or even substitute white rice for brown. I made a low carb version without rice and used 3lbs of ground beef and a pound of lean sausage instead. The possibilities are endless. I hope you enjoy!.
Just like our Stuffed Zucchini Recipe. Stuffed Bell Peppers with extra lean grass fed beef, wheat pearl couscous, jalapenos and a green smoothie (spinach, pear, cucumber). Fill each pepper with your stuffing, over-stuffing it is ok, since your stuffing will still be warm. These Tex Mex Stuffed Peppers are filled with ground beef, black beans, corn, and pepper jack cheese! Smother with salsa and extra cheese, a crowd pleaser.