Stuffed green bell peppers. Cut off the tops of green peppers; discard seeds and membranes. Top with remaining shredded Parmesan cheese and. These stuffed bell pepper recipes will change the way you think about dinner.
These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture Red bell peppers are the mature version of the green bell pepper that grows on the bell pepper plant. Yellow and orange bell peppers fall in. Chose a rainbow of large sweet bell peppers to stuff and while prepping, stand them upright in your baking dish—it's easier to stuff them this way. You can have Stuffed green bell peppers using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed green bell peppers
- Prepare 4 large of Green bell peppers.
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 packages of Jimmy dean's sage flavored ground sausage.
- It’s 1 can of Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Onion salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 cup of Minute rice (uncooked).
- Prepare 3 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
This Stuffed Green Pepper Recipe is made with ground beef, rice and middle east spices. Makes a flavor-packed family dinner for busy weeknights. This is an easy recipe for stuffed green bell peppers, so they are one of my favorite freezer friendly recipes. Just like our Stuffed Zucchini Recipe.
Stuffed green bell peppers step by step
- Cut tops off peppers, so that there is an open cavity, clean seeds & white membrain out of inside..
- In pot, boil peppers in water for 3-4 minutes (you want them tender but not TOO mushy/tender).
- In 3 inch deep sauce pan, add ground beef & ground sausage, sautee til brown, drain excess grease..
- Add chicken stock, dried herbs, seasonings, diced tomatoes & uncooked rice..
- Stir, put lid over pan & let simmer for 5 minutes. If there is excess liquid, thats alright. Add 1cup & a half of shredded cheese. Mix well..
- After peppers are done boiling, put under cold water to shock & stop cooking process. Dry peppers. Stuff peppers to tippy top with meat mixture. Top off peppers with rest of cheddar cheese. Bake for 10 minutes on 375°. Serve with tomato sauce if desired..
This delicious Stuffed green peppers recipe make a great feezer meal. Use bell peppers stuffed with a mix of elk or beef, tomato soup and rice. My Italian stuffed peppers recipe stuffs succulent green bell peppers with ground meat and traditional Italian ingredients – fresh Parmesan, basil, tomatoes and more. This recipe is an ode to the underappreciated green bell pepper. Fill each pepper with your stuffing, over-stuffing it is ok, since your stuffing will still be warm.