Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie.
You can cook Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie
- It’s of pudding.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of amaretto.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare of whipped cream topping.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of amaretto.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare of pie.
- You need 2 of graham cracker pie crust (9inch).
Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie step by step
- In a mixing bowl combine granulated sugar, cocoa and cornstarch (sifting cocoa and cornstarch to remove any clumps) set aside..
- In a large saucepan combine the milk and amaretto.Cook over medium heat until hot but not boiling..
- Whisk the cocoa mixture into the saucepan constantly whisking. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for one minute..
- Remove pudding from heat and add the vanilla.Mix to combine.
- Pour pudding into the two pie shells. Cover the pies with plastic wrap (this prevents a film from forming). Refrigerate pies for at least two hours..
- When you refrigerate the pies, place a mixing bowl and whisk in freezer. I use an electric mixer so I put the beaters into freezer.This is for the next step..
- For the whipped topping, a few minutes before serving remove bowl and whisk/beaters from freezer. Place heavy cream in bowl and whisk/beat adding confectioner sugar one tablespoon at a time finishing with the teaspoon of amaretto and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.Beat until soft peaks form..
- Slice pie add a dollop of cream and enjoy!.