Berry Crumb Bars. Berry Crumb Bars. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These blueberry crumble bars begin with a buttery shortbread-like layer Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over berry layer. Buttery crumb bars filled with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
I had a whole other plan for what was going in the mail, but I have this berry-buying problem and have this compulsion to toss them in my cart every. Triple berry crumb bars with a golden crumb topping make the perfect summer dessert! These simple and delicious berry crumb bars taste like the best pie! You can cook Berry Crumb Bars using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Berry Crumb Bars
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 sticks of butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 4 cups of fresh berries.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 teaspoons of cornstarch.
With a pastry cutter, cut in the butter and the egg. The dough will be very crumbly. Pat half of the crumb mixture into the prepared dish. Scatter berry mixture over prepared crust.
Berry Crumb Bars step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan..
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and cinnamon, if desired. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the shortening and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan..
- In another bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix in the berries, or whatever. Sprinkle the berry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the top..
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares..
Just made your berry crumble bars. These Berry Delicious Crumb Bars are strawberry and raspberry filled crumb bars that are adaptable, portable, and most importantly, super delicious! This post is going to be short and sweet. These easy berry bars with a buttery shortbread crust are full of fresh summer fruit… and they taste just like a berry pie. This beautiful marriage of crumbly, buttery shortbread-like dough and tart.