Homemade Berry Applesauce. You know goji berries are so good for you, right? What if your little ones don't care for them? Chances are, they love applesauce… Homemade applesauce is so easy!
You can use applesauce to make sweet or savory recipes and ever you can eat it like a healthy dessert. For the record, I resisted calling this post something super cheesy like 'Berry Delicious Applesauce,' but just know that it actually is berry delicious. Make your own delicious unsweetened applesauce with just apples, water and cinnamon. You can have Homemade Berry Applesauce using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Berry Applesauce
- You need 1 of or more apple(s) (Granny Smith,Red Delicious,or any apple) sliced & peeled.
- It’s 2 tbsp of (incl.1 spoon) of honey or sugar (organic cane is fine).
- It’s 1 of or more strawberr(ies) or any berry,sliced.
- You need 1 of A few spoonfuls of Greek yogurt or any topping(to taste).
To make my Homemade Applesauce recipe, you start by peeling, coring, and chopping your apples. Then in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add your apples, water and sugar for sweetness. Applesauce is easy and quick to make at home, and only needs a few basic ingredients. Although applesauce is easily available at the store, nothing compares to the homemade version.
Homemade Berry Applesauce instructions
- Wash 1 or more apples thoroughly with water..
- Have the entire apple sliced into 8 slices on the cutting board,& place them inside the small pan (or pot)..
- Again,wash & slice 1 or more strawberries (or any berry) then add them inside the small pan (or pot)..
- Add 2 tablespoons of plus 1 spoonful of honey (or organic cane sugar)for sweetness..
- Fill the small pan (or pot) with water..
- Have it covered & cooked for 10 minutes or 15 minutes,or until soft..
- When it is finished,spoon the finished applesauce into a small bowl..
- Add a topping or two or more(such as Greek yogurt) if you like, & enjoy this healthy dessert!.
This apple sauce recipe is the easiest and most delicious treat you can make to have as a snack Homemade applesauce is so easy to make and can be used as an ingredient in lots of different meals. Oregon and Washington produce some of the country's best apples and We eat apples fresh until the thought of eating another apple in January is like the thought of. This homemade applesauce recipe starts with apples fresh from the backyard orchard or farmers market and results in a flavor-packed sauce. The next step in the process is to cook the apples. You caught that double berry right?