Sponge Cake. I love this sponge cake recipe. It's easy and you can make hundreds of different cakes with this This is a classic European sponge cake (aka Genoise). Once you have this recipe down (you'll memorize.
Sponge cakes can be made using the creaming method, the whisking method or by adding the cake ingredients to the batter in stages. Flour, eggs, fat and sugar are combined and baked to form a light. Discover our super sponge cake collection with all the baking recipes you need from a classic, fluffy Victoria sandwich to a moist chocolate cake. You can cook Sponge Cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 lb. of magarine.
- It’s 3/4 lb of or 11/2 cups sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 8 of eggs.
- It’s 1 lb. of flour.
- It’s 4 tbs. of hot water (not boiling).
- Prepare of Flavouring.
- It’s of Zest of 1 lime.
- You need 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground spice.
- You need 1 tsp of ground clove.
- It’s 1 tbs of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbs of rum.
This Sponge Cake is light and airy and is filled with a delicious raspberry whipped cream. It is rolled and then sliced so each piece has a lovely pinwheel design. Sponge cakes baked in cake pans easily lend themselves to filling between the layers. Sponge cakes baked in sheet pans can be filled and rolled before being frosted on the outside.
Sponge Cake instructions
- Cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add vanilla essence and butters..
- Best in eggs one at a time making sure to beat each egg in well before adding the next one..
- Sift dry ingredients with spice and clove. Then fold this into egg mixture gradually..
- Add lime zest, lemon juice and rum. Then add hot water..
- Pour into greased and floured cake pans and bake at 325- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 -40 mins or until tester comes out clean..
The cake is bouncy like a sponge, with the soft and delicate texture resemble cotton when you tear it apart. I also add the cake batter to the dough of the chocolate Japanese milk bread. See more ideas about Sponge cake, Sponge cake recipes, Cake recipes. Great recipe for Soft and Fluffy Sponge Cake. An exceptional, yet simple Vanilla Sponge Cake.