Mom's Blackberry Cobbler. Mix the sugar, self-rising flour, and milk together until moistened, and pour the mixture over the butter. Inherited this recipe from my mom, who found it in a magazine. This is always a delightful dessert, especially warm with ice cream.
Mom Spraggins's Blackberry Cobbler Mom Spraggins's Blackberry Cobbler. The beauty of Mom's Blackberry Cobbler is that the crust can be used to make any fruit cobbler. I use this same recipe to make peach cobbler. You can have Mom's Blackberry Cobbler using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's Blackberry Cobbler
- It’s 2 box of Berries (blackberries were the tradition here).
- You need 2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare of Batter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shortening.
- It’s 1 cup of Flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Milk.
Mom's peach cobbler was always out of this world good and so is mine. I'm sure you'll find this recipe in any good church cookbook. I've seen several variations of it throughout the years. Ways to Serve Southern Blackberry Cobbler.
Mom's Blackberry Cobbler step by step
- Place sugar over berries and let stand while mixing batter..
- Butter baking pan. Spread butter over the bottom of the pan..
- Place berries over the batter, spreading as even as possible..
- Bake 35 min in a 375*F oven..
Of course, this blackberry cobbler is wonderful all by itself (you could even have some for breakfast with a cup of coffee!). But my favorite way to eat it is with a huge dollop of homemade vanilla maple whipped cream (my mom's recipe). Home > Recipes > Pies > Mom's Bisquick Cobbler. This recipe is meant for hot days and summer potlucks. Follow up a main course of burgers and hot dogs with this impressive, yet simple fresh berry dessert.