Blackberry Crumb Muffins ( the berry not the phone). The BEST rich, tender, delicious blackberry muffins! These muffins are a family favorite, filled with juicy berries. The muffins had great flavor and were lighter than expected, but I wanted a bit more.
Although they don't contain chocolate, they are as tender and buttery as any crumb cake, though more petite. Although you could bake these muffins in a nine-inch pan and call it cake, their diminutive diameter gives them a distinct advantage: crisper. Bursting with blackberries and topped with a cinnamon-cardamom crumble topping. You can cook Blackberry Crumb Muffins ( the berry not the phone) using 16 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blackberry Crumb Muffins ( the berry not the phone)
- It’s of Muffin batter:.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 8 tbsp of melted cooled butter.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of blackberries (the fruit not the phone).
- Prepare of Crumb topping:.
- You need 8 tbsp of cold butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
I used both vanilla and almond extracts in these bakery style blackberry muffins. I love how the almond extract complements the berries, but. Blackberry Crumb Muffins are a crumb coffee cake meets blackberry muffin that's inspired by the beloved breakfast cake. Just like their inspiration, these muffins have a light, delicate crumb, with lots of blackberries, butter, vanilla, and a generous coating of sweet coffee cake crumb.
Blackberry Crumb Muffins ( the berry not the phone) step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease or line 16 regular sized muffin cups..
- For the crumb topping:.
- Combine all crumb ingredients in a large bowl. Cut with a knife until you get coarse crumbs. Set aside..
- For The Muffins:.
- If you have large blackberries cut them into smaller pieces now..
- In a large bowl wisk together all dry ingredients..
- In another bowl, wisk together all wet ingredients. Except berries.
- Pour wet into dry. And stir together until just combined. Do not overmix..
- fold in blackberries and their juices carefully..
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups to 3/4 full..
- Cover each completely with crumb topping, but not high, just a nice even layer as best you can..
- Bake about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and muffins spring back when lightly touched..
- Let stand a few minutes..
- Transfer to wire track to cool..
- Serve and enjoy. :).
- Makes about 16 regular sized muffins..
These airy muffins have large pockets of fruit and a buttery crumb topping. An entire twelve ounces of blackberries are barely contained within these muffins' moist shells. In this video, you'll see how to make oversized blueberry muffins with a sugary cinnamon-crumb topping—just like you get at the bakery. They are one of my favorites. The recipe appears to be easy and by the comments given these muffins I am going to make them for.