Blackberry Dumplings. These simple blackberry dumplings capture the essence of sweet, sweet summertime thanks to a little help from your slow cooker. Frozen berries are gloriously juicy when mixed with sugar and lemon juice. This black berry dumplings has the taste of blackberry cobbler.
Cut the dumplings with a knife or pizza cutter. Drop the dumplings one at a time into the boiling berry mixture. As long as I can remember, my mother has been making blackberry dumplings. You can have Blackberry Dumplings using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackberry Dumplings
- It’s 4 cup of Blackberries.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 can of biscuits (small can).
They finish cooking while you eat—and they really do make you hurry through Sunday dinner! These Blackberry Dumplings are a southern favorite. They are big fluffy dumplings that soak up lots of juice from a syrupy bath of blackberries. They also go hand in hand with vanilla ice cream!
Blackberry Dumplings instructions
- Add water, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract to blackberries in a boiler..
- Heat to a boil stirring occasionally..
- Roll out 2-3 biscuits (add or subtract to your taste) and cut in rectangular shapes (about 1" length and 1/2" width)..
- Drop biscuit dough in blackberry mixture. (Note: You can roll dough in a ball if you choose)..
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes..
- Blackberry Dumplings are ready to serve…..ENJOY!!.
I made a beautiful blackberry cobbler from "sunny's" recipe and mum wouldn't eat it because there was not dumplings, just a top crust of biscuits. So here's a recipe for blackberry dumplings I threw. Blackberry Dumplings: Prepare mixture as above except in a saucepan on the stovetop. Bring mixture to a boil and immediately drop dumplings by tablespoons into mixture. Combine ripe blackberries, water, sugar, and butter in large saucepan.