You can have Amaretti biscuits using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amaretti biscuits
- Prepare 2 of egg whites.
- It’s 150 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 175 g of ground almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of amaretto liqueur.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of almond essence.
- You need of Icing sugar for rolling the biscuits in.
Amaretti biscuits step by step
- 1. Set the oven to 150 fan.
- 2. Line two trays with baking paper.
- 3. Separate 2 egg whites, then whisk with an electric whisk until they have stiff peaks/ you can lift it above your head..
- 4. Gently fold in the sugar, ground almonds, almond essence and amaretto. Until the mixture becomes like a thick paste..
- Pour icing sugar on a plate and cover your hands with it to stop the mix sticking to them so much..
- Roll the mix into small balls with your hands. Cover/ roll each ball in icing sugar, put lots on them because it will look nice when they crack in the oven (see in photos). Do the balls what ever size you like, I usually get 20 out of them but you could do little ones and make 30..
- Place on baking tray with space in between.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until golden brown and cracked on top..
- Leave to cool..