Fresh Berrie Crumble Bars with White and Milk Chocolate Glaze. Crust and topping: A buttery, lemon scented dough is used as both the crust and topping. Buttery crumb bars filled with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. This simple recipe uses the same mixture for the the crust.
I had to make a little adjustment. We love that these bars are loaded with fresh raspberries and blueberries with a finishing touch of white chocolate drizzle to pull it all together. Sugar cookie mix does double duty in these summery bars forming the base and tasty crumble topping. You can have Fresh Berrie Crumble Bars with White and Milk Chocolate Glaze using 21 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Berrie Crumble Bars with White and Milk Chocolate Glaze
- You need of For The Berries.
- You need 2 cups of fresh mixed berries, I used blueberries, sliced strawberries and. blackberries. (frozen can be used if no fresh are available).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of For Crust and Topping.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 10 tablespoons of cold salted butter, cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 of large egg yolk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla ext0ract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of packed brown sugar.
- You need of For White and Milk Chocolate Glaze.
- It’s 2 ounces of white chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 ounces of milk chocolate, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Berry season is right around the corner. I go crazy for berries when they come into season and sometimes my eyes are bigger than my stomach. · These Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars are gluten-free and made with whole and healthy ingredients. These Mixed Berry Crumble Cookie Bars feature layers upon layers of sweet goodness. A sugar cookie-oat crust is topped with a fresh berry filling followed.
Fresh Berrie Crumble Bars with White and Milk Chocolate Glaze instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a 8 by 8 inch sqare baking pan with foil extending foil over sides for easy removing of bars. Spray foil with bakers spray.
- In a bowl combine berries sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, zest and salt until all berries are coated.
- In another bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and the 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, cut in the butter, vanilla and egg yolk and mix with a fork or pulse in the food processor until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Press about 2/3 of the crumbs into the prepared pan, packing down to form a crust.
- Add your berries evenly over crust.
- Add the brown sugar to the remaining crums and mix with a fork.
- Crumble over berries and bake about 45 minutes until top is golden and fruit is bubbling. Cool completely in pan on rack.
- Lift out by lifting foil and removing the crumble whole.
- Make Glazes.
- For White Chocolate glaze, have chopped chocolate. In a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling, pour over chocolate and stir until smooth.
- For milk chocolate glaze. Have chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling and pour over chicolate. Stir smooth.
- Drizzle bars with glaze, when glaze sets, cut into bars.
Muesli and yogurt with fresh berries. Healthy breackfast – Fresh berries and naturall yogurt or sour. Rich buttery cookies with chunks of white chocolate, raspberry filled centers and white chocolate glaze. Berry crumble bars – make the best of summer berries with these easy to make, jammy, oaty, vegan crumble bars. Summer is nearly over already so we had better make good use of those lovely summer berries while we still can!