Almond Sugee Cookies.
You can have Almond Sugee Cookies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond Sugee Cookies
- You need 100 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- You need 25 g of Semolina Flour,.
- It’s 50 g of Powdered Demerara Sugar,.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Baking Soda,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Baking Powder,.
- It’s 50 g of Ground Almond,.
- You need 25 g of Almonds Coarsely Chopped,.
- Prepare 75 g of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- You need 1 TBSP of Amaretto Italian Liqueur,.
Almond Sugee Cookies step by step
- In a large bowl, add flour, semolina, demerara sugar, baking soda and powder. *To make powdered demerara sugar, simply blitz the sugar until powder forms in a spice grinder.* Mix to combine well..
- Add in the ground and chopped almonds. *What I did was roast the almonds in a skillet over medium heat until lightly toasted. I grind the measured almonds in a spice grinder until powdery and coarsely chopped the rest.* Add in oil and Italian liqueur..
- Fold to combine well. It should resemble wet sand consistency. Using your hand, knead the mixture into a dough, picking up all the nooks and crannies in the bowl..
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel and set aside to rest for 15 mins. Preheat oven to 175 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Transfer the dough onto a working surface. Roll to a thickness of about 1/4 inch..
- I am using a simple round cookie cutter. You can use whichever shape you desire. Use the cookie cutter to cut out the dough. Transfer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Form the scraps into a dough, reroll and cut into cookies..
- Repeat the process until all the dough is used up. Wack into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 mins. The exterior cookies should be dried, but the interior is still soft. Serve the cookies warm to have that melt in your mouth sensation..