French Toast with Easy Blueberry Compote. Superfood blueberries make a delicious warm compote to cut through the ice cream or clotted cream in this recipe. The golden fried bread is such a warming comfort food and makes this dish a really indulgent dessert or breakfast idea. #frenchtoast #breakfast #brunch #bread #custard #maplesyrup #foodstagram #instafood #blueberrycompote #blueberries In my opinion, an egg type of bread works. The sponge-like nature of French toast gives it that "special occasion" feel, though why hold it back when it's one of the easiest ways to get egg and bread together in the morning?
Put the blueberries in a pan with the lemon zest. French toast comes out best if you work with thick slices of French or Italian loaf bread that are several days old. That way they've had a chance to firm up, which will make the slices Came out pretty damn good! You can cook French Toast with Easy Blueberry Compote using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Toast with Easy Blueberry Compote
- It’s of French Toast:.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each vanilla extract, ground cinnamon.
- It’s 3 of thick slices good bread.
- You need 1 tbsp. of salted butter.
- Prepare of Blueberry Compote:.
- Prepare 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of each granulated sugar, lemon juice.
- It’s of Optional for Serving:.
- It’s of Maple Syrup.
- It’s of Confectioners Sugar.
Wouldnt know there was french bread under there. Made a blueberry compote to go with it. A rich and filling baked French toast with a deliciously sweet blueberry compote. Lay out slices and spread compote in between each slice then on top.
French Toast with Easy Blueberry Compote instructions
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice, then set the heat to med-low. Let this simmer for 5-8 minutes, until the blueberries begin to release their juices and break down. While doing this, start preparing the French toast..
- Place the butter into a small skillet over medium heat. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. One at a time, dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, flipping to coat both sides well. Once the butter has melted, place each bread slice into the skillet. Cook for 5 or so minutes, until golden. Then flip and cook until the opposite side is golden as well..
- Serve the French toast with the blueberry compote over the top. You can also add powdered sugar or maple syrup..
Easy recipes and cooking hacks right to your inbox. Best of all, you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries in the blueberry compote, so it's great all year long. My comfy cozy french toast gets a major flavor boost from fresh ginger and warm cinnamon. By taking just a few minutes to cook down any combination of berries with a few easy flavorings, you are well on your way to a healthy and delicious Sunday morning favorite. As for this tasty Blueberry Compote, I highly suggest you try it out this weekend for breakfast…over some pancakes, waffles, cheesecake, oatmeal or french toast.