Blueberry Turnovers. While you can make them a little in advance, these pastries are best served the day they're made.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin. Fresh blueberries are rolled into prepared croissants and baked to perfection for a light, delicious pastry. Reviews for: Photos of Blueberry Turnovers.
Blueberry Turnovers are an easy and delicious way to enjoy fresh summer blueberries. Are blueberries not in season where you are? These flaky lemon blueberry turnovers are made with frozen puff pastry so they're easy to make. You can cook Blueberry Turnovers using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Turnovers
- You need 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh/ frozen blueberries.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
Then check out this delicious blueberry turnover recipe that's ready in less than an hour. blueberry turnovers recipes; recipes from around the world from real cooks. Narrow search to just "blueberry turnovers" in the title sorted by quality sort by rating or Advanced search. Brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle with granulated sugar. The pie recipe I use is from The Best Recipe but we used a mix of about three different recipes to make the turnovers.
Blueberry Turnovers step by step
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup only of blueberries, cornstarch, sugar, and lemon zest under low heat. Crush the blueberries completely and bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add butter and remaining blueberries to sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into quarters. Spoon 2 tablespoons of blueberry filling into each, then fold over diagonally and seal the edges.
- Beat together egg and water, then brush pastry tops with mixture. Puncture with a fork or toothpick for ventilation.
- Bake at 450F for 15 minutes..
These lemon blueberry turnovers are a fast and easy dessert that everyone will love – the perfect sweet treat for the summer! These lemon blueberry turnovers were SO tasty! Turnovers. ¾ cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) blueberries. Blueberry Turnovers – easy brunch dessert idea that everyone will love! Flaky, crispy pastry filled with blueberries and creamy lemon filling.