Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins. This is a delicious and lighter version of a type of oat bran muffin. You could vary the fruit – blueberries, strawberries, canned peaches, etc. They are incredibly delicious served with fresh strawberries.
Special Diet Notes Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins. By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and For egg-free and vegan blueberry oat bran muffins, you can swap in your favorite egg white substitute for the eggs. Cue these blueberry oat bran muffins, which hit all four bases and, despite their good-for-you bran content, don't taste like a punishment devised by some misguided flower-child baker. (But then I really like oat bran.) I should note — and this is a curse inflicted upon all muffins, sorry Tim — that. You can have Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour + 1 tbs for dusting blueberries.
- You need 1 cup of coarse ground oat bran.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 (5.3 oz) of container plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani).
- You need 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 pint of fresh blueberries.
Blueberry Bran Muffins contain both white and whole wheat flours, along with wheat bran and fresh blueberries, that give these muffins a delicious If you like, sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a few flakes of rolled oats. Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group. Instead of those oversized, carb-loaded muffins, you can easily make a batch or two of better-for-you muffins in Grease your muffin tins or line them with paper muffin cups. Spray muffin tins with no stick.
Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard size 12 count muffin tin with nonstick spray, including the entire top. Or line cups with paper liners. Either way you will want to spray the top to prevent sticking..
- In a medium bowl wisk together flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together milk and yogurt until smooth. Add brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Wisk to combine thoroughly..
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture all at once. Using a wooden spoon stir together until just incorporated, with no dry patches remaining. It will be lumpy and that's okay. You don't want to over mix..
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile gently toss blueberries in 1 tbs flour to coat (this helps keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins). Gently fold into batter to distribute as evenly as possible..
- Gently spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling the wells to the top. I actually ended up with enough to also fill a 12 count mini muffin tin..
- Place in oven. Bake 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center (of a muffin in the middle of tin) comes out clean. Mine took about 28 min..
Blueberry Banana Bran MuffinsNoshing With The Nolands. bananas, light sour cream, oat bran, ground flax. How to make blueberry oat muffins: The first thing we are going to do is soak the oatmeal in buttermilk. Make sure you try out these Date Bran Muffins, which are a great high fiber muffin to have for breakfast and these super moist Banana Muffins which will intoxicate you with the wonderful. These blueberry oat bran muffins are a new favourite in my kitchen. They took a couple test batches to get them perfect, but I can happily say that they have been tried and tested to perfection!