Buttermilk Blueberry Pie. Blueberry Buttermilk Pie has a smooth, creamy, and oh so sweet filling in a flaky pie crust with fresh, juicy blueberries. There's plenty of blueberry flavor in the pie but that quintessential buttermilk pie. Parbaking the crust of this buttermilk-blueberry pancake-flavored custard pie ensures the bottom will be crisp when it's done.
My mother's buttermilk pie is a family favorite. I've added fruit and tweaked it just a bit and now we have another favorite for the table. I have tried fruit other than blueberries – raspberries, strawberries. You can have Buttermilk Blueberry Pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Blueberry Pie
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of blueberries. If using frozen, thaw first.
- You need 1-9 inch of frozen, deep dish pie shell. Or your favorite recipe.
A sweet and slightly tangy blueberry buttermilk pie with ginger. This mouthwatering pie is unlike any other you've ever tasted. So I've been on a quest to perfect my pie skills. Juicy blueberries are the star of these scones, and you can use fresh Drizzle in the buttermilk and mix with a rubber spatula until just incorporated and a rough, slightly.
Buttermilk Blueberry Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees..
- Arrange blueberries in the bottom of thawed pie shell..
- Im mixing bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, lemon juice, melted butter and vanilla until smooth..
- In seperate bowl, sift flour, salt and sugar..
- Add dry to wet ingredients and whisk until smooth..
- Pour over blueberries in pie shell..
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until it has just a slight jiggle in the center. Cool completely before slicing..
- Store leftovers in refrigerator. If there is any left :).
LINK TO COMPLETE RECIPE BELOW: This is the pie recipe you've been waiting for! Blueberries and Buttermilk with a homemade flaky pie crust. This might be the last of the buttermilk recipes for a while, but don't hold me to that. Blueberry buttermilk pie is like a pudding pie, not to be mistaken for chess pie, which. An easy blueberry pie recipe with warm spices, lemon and a lattice crust.