Blue Cheese Muffins. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese in a large bowl. Combine egg, milk and butter in small bowl until blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
Add milk and lemon juice; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture along with blue cheese and walnuts. Fill greased mini-muffin cups three-fourths full. You can have Blue Cheese Muffins using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blue Cheese Muffins
- Prepare of – Ingredients for 10 Muffins -.
- Prepare 120 g of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 40 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 50 g of Corn Grits (or Corn Meal).
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 260 g of Flour.
- You need 10 g of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 2 g of Black Pepper (Ground).
- It’s 180 g of Yogurt.
- It’s 200 g of Blue Cheese.
Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Add corn and blue cheese to batter and stir to combine. These classic savory muffins are the perfect accompaniment at your next brunch or luncheon. The bold flavors of blue cheese and sage will pair well with your favorite sweet wine like a red or Tawny Port.
Blue Cheese Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together the flour, corn grits, baking powder and ground black pepper and sift; set aside..
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs; stir until well mixed. Add the yogurt and stir until smooth..
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until smooth..
- Divide the batter evenly among the lined cups, filling each to 30% full. Add the chunks of blue cheese, then cover with the rest of the dough..
- Bake for 20 (+6) min, rotating the tins halfway through. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing the muffins..
- More Details at http://www.chez-k.org/english/muffins/savory-blue-cheese-muffins/.
Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Place eggs and melted butter in a bowl and stir. Mix all the ingredients together and place on parchment paper on a baking tray. Divide cheese evenly over centre of each muffin, saving just enough cheese for a sparse topping. Shropshire Blue Cheese Muffins are a joy for breakfast, snacks, lunches, picnics, soup side-dishes or suppers.