Celariac and blue cheese soup. Celeriac's peppery intensity goes very well with tangy blue cheese in this quick, warming soup. For a slightly different taste add cider and/or peeled and chopped apples early on. This will work with most blue cheeses – try leftover Christmas Stilton.
Grown in summer, harvested in late fall -root vegetables like yams, parsnips, turnips, beets, and celeriac, just to name a few, are. Cream of Celery Soup with Blue Cheese. blue cheese. celeriac. Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? You can cook Celariac and blue cheese soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Celariac and blue cheese soup
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- You need 10 oz of celariac peeled and cut into 2cm chunks.
- Prepare 1 of large baking potato,Chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh sage leaves.
- It’s 600 ml of 1 pint vegetable stock.
- Prepare 300 ml of Pint single cream.
- Prepare 8 oz of vegetarian blue cheese eg Stilton or Dolchelatte diced.
- It’s 1 of Fresh Chives and deep fried sage leaves to garnish (optional).
- It’s 25 grams of butter.
Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. Highlighting two fall flavors, celeriac and apples, brought together with blue cheese. You can have a small salad or fruit with it to make it more complete. James Martin's celeriac soup is a great winter dish.
Celariac and blue cheese soup step by step
- Melt the butter In a large pan and gently fry the vegetables and sage for 5 mins. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 mins until the vegetables are tender..
- Transfer to a food processor and whizz until smooth (you may need to do this in batches) Return the soup to the pan and stir in the single cream and half the blue cheese, Cook over a low heat until the cheese has melted but do not allow to boil, season to taste..
- Divide the soup between serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaining blue cheese, the chives and deep fried sage leaves if liked, to serve.
Leave out the bacon for a vegetarian version. Celeriac is a great winter vegetable and it's put to wonderful use in James Martin's creamy soup. Serve with crispy pancetta and croûtons for a touch of luxury. In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter. Celery Root (Celeriac) Soup with Blue Cheese and Walnuts for a cold and wet winter day.