Shrimp in a Blue Cheese Sauce over Pasta. Add cream and stir, then a little splash of half-and-half if sauce is too thick. While the pasta is boiling: Melt butter in sauce pan over med-low. Pour in half& half, let heat through.
From preparing the ingredients to finished dish, Tiedyeman shows how to cook shrimp with Alfredo sauce and pasta. Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Alfredo Sauce Over Pasta. May use frozen cooked shrimp, thawed. You can cook Shrimp in a Blue Cheese Sauce over Pasta using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp in a Blue Cheese Sauce over Pasta
- Prepare 1 lb of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of container Blue cheese/Gorganzola Crumbles.
- It’s 1 medium of container of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 packages of Linguini or prefered pasta ( I think the thicker the noodle the better).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
Double sauce if you like your fettucine extra saucy. In a medium saucepan, add butter. Cook pasta according to package directions. I however, did NOT cook the shrimp first.
Shrimp in a Blue Cheese Sauce over Pasta step by step
- Boil water. Add a pinch of salt and a table spoon of oil (to help keep pasta from sticking together). Cook pasta according to directions on box..
- In a pan (I use a wok) add the heavy cream, blue cheese crumbles, and spices. Allow these to to cook for about 10 minutes allowing the cheese to melt and start to thicken. Stirring often as to not burn your cheese..
- Once sauce is starting to thicken add your shrimp. By the time your shrimp are cooked (about 3-5 minutes) your sauce should have thickened to a creamy consistency. (should not be watery).
- Once your sauce is done. Pour over pasta and serve..
- Serve with some fresh garlic bread, salad, or whatever your hearts desires..
I lined them on the bottom uncooked then added the cheese/pasta sauce on top and cooked per recipe. Add in the milk, blue cheese and season with salt and black pepper. Whisk until all the ingredients come together and start to bubble. Throw in a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the cooked pasta and the arugula into the sauce, wilting I made this dish with a side of sauteed shrimp for Valentine's Day.