Cambozola and Mushroom Soup. #breakfast: baby bella mushrooms and german cambozola cheese omelet. asparagus w/lemon juice. This hearty combination of mushrooms and onions with rich Cambozola cheese (a blue-Brie hybrid) is a perfect complement to beef. It you can't find Cambozola, try a blue like Gorgonzola instead.
Anyone familiar with it and have some good recipes? I love to cook so I am open to anything easy to challenging? Cambozola is a cross between camembert and gorgonzola — it's a mild, creamy blue cheese. You can have Cambozola and Mushroom Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cambozola and Mushroom Soup
- You need 1-1 oz. of packet assorted dried mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 lb of white mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 lb of crimini mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brandy.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 cups of cold water.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 100 g of cambozola, rind removed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
I like to eat it as you would camembert or brie — on good crackers or. Rich like royalty, this Red Wine Cambozola Sauce is delicious over steak, veal or chicken, or over pasta as a side dish. If serving over meat, cook meat. The Best Campbell Mushroom Soup Recipes on Yummly
Cambozola and Mushroom Soup instructions
- Bloom the dried mushrooms in 2 cups warm water for 20 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and give them a quick rinse. Chop any large pieces into bite-sized chunks. Strain the blooming water (now mushroom broth) through a coffee filter to remove any sediment, and set it aside..
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add all the mushrooms. Fry until the water the mushrooms give off evaporates and they take on a bit of golden colour. This should take about 10 minutes..
- Stir the shallots and garlic into the pot and continue frying 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Pour in the brandy. Let cook until most of the brandy has been absorbed, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and stir for 1 minute to coat..
- Add the thyme, mushroom broth, chicken stock, and 2 cups cold water to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Fish the thyme sprigs out of the pot. Break the cambozola into chunks and add it a little at a time to the pot, stirring to melt it in. Remove any big pieces of mold that float to the top; they'll turn rubbery. When all the cheese has melted, turn off the heat and stir in the cream to finish..
Roasted Asparagus Mushroom Brie Soup For #campbellsglutenfree #promo, Easy Mushroom Soup, Madeira Mushroom And Leek Soup. This mushroom soup is a hearty soup made with enoki and shiitake mushrooms, glass noodles, and Welsh onions, seasoned with soy sauce and sake. Cut off the bottom dried, gritty portion of the enoki mushroom and discard. Cambozola is the German cousin to the super-creamy brie.but with a blue twist. This mild and subtle blue-veined creation is perfect for those looking for a blue cheese that is neither incredibly pungent (like a Stilton), and extremely crumbly (like a Roquefort).