Napa Cabbage & Bok Choy with Bacon. Napa cabbage is tender and sweet. Its spring green hue will perk up your sandwiches, salads and soups. Slightly tender and lightly sweet, napa cabbage is a pretty addition to many dishes.
By RRITCHESKE Napa or nappa cabbage (Brassica rapa subsp. pekinensis or Brassica rapa Pekinensis Group) is a type of Chinese cabbage originating near the Beijing region of China, and is widely used in East Asian cuisine. In much of the world, this is the vegetable referred to as "Chinese cabbage". Napa cabbage (Brassica rapa Pekinensis) may have originated in Beijing, China as a natural hybridization between a turnip and bok choy. You can have Napa Cabbage & Bok Choy with Bacon using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Napa Cabbage & Bok Choy with Bacon
- You need 1/2 head of Napa cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of small bok choy.
- Prepare 4 slices of thick cut bacon.
- It’s 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of hoisin sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste (or finely minced fresh ginger).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
While it is widely used in Asia, it has spread to Europe, the Americas, and Australia. For a caramelized flavor, cut the cabbage into wedges and roast them until the cabbage is tender. Drizzle them with a sweet and sour sauce before serving. Make the crunchies: Melt the butter in a pot.
Napa Cabbage & Bok Choy with Bacon instructions
- In a small bowl wisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil, and pepper flakes. Set aside..
- Cut bacon to 1/4"strips. Cut green portions of cabbage and bok choy from the white portions. Slice whites into 1/4" pieces, greens into 1/2" pieces. Set green pieces aside for later..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp and fat has rendered. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate leaving fat behind in skillet..
- Add whites of cabbage and bok choy to skillet. Cook until just tender, stirring frequently. About 5-7 minutes..
- Return bacon to skillet. Add greens and sauce. Stir to combine. Cook just until greens wilt and sauce heats through. About 2 minutes..
- Serve as-is for a delicious side or over rice as a main dish. Enjoy!.
Mix the ramen noodles, sesame seeds and almonds into the pot with the melted butter. Napa cabbage rolls Image: arfo/Getty Images. Instead of using green cabbage, try some of the larger, outer leaves of napa cabbage. Cut them in half, steam or boil them until they just turn soft. Napa cabbage is very low in calories.